by Troy Page, The Unstuck Group Consultant
Here the top 10 qualities I have found necessary to be a great church communications leader:
- Creative – able to think out of the box and design communications that get the attention of the culture.
- Strategic – a gift to see the big picture and design systems that make all the pieces fit together.
- Loyal – believes in the vision and tenaciously communicates it.
- Organized – ability to spin multiple plates while managing time and meeting deadlines.
- Progressive – innate sense of where culture and technology is headed with the discernment of when to change.
- Practical – makes sure in the midst of creativity, art, and design, people get the message.
- Intuitive – can trust their gut and knows if something will work within the context of the culture.
- Communicator – can naturally translate concepts and communicate clear messages through art and words.
- Influencer – relationally connects and influences others to jump on board with new ideas.
- Good Eye – an inherent sense of what artistically works when directing graphic, web, and video design/production.
In addition to our existing consulting services, our team would love to talk to you about reviewing your church’s communications systems: staffing, website, graphic design, branding, social media and messaging to help you create a strategic communications structure and plan. Contact us if you would like to find out more information.
photo credit: richard stowey via compfight.com