The number is growing! We’re adding to the list as we hear from you.
1. A lead pastor we know is hosting a Facebook Live prayer at noon every weekday for anyone who wants to join in.
2. One church’s Student Ministry Team sent an inexpensive but fun care box through the mail to every student while they are home from school to remind them they are loved.
3. Another pastor we’ve served changed the live stream strategy for Sunday services. They’re giving it a “Good Morning America” feel, and the church is calling it SUNDAY MORNING LIVE.
4. A few pastors have told us the church’s small groups are learning to meet over Zoom—and it’s working.
5. A lead pastor recorded 12 podcast episodes to provide training on finding confidence in spiritual conversations. The church is sending the series to their entire database to give the church a way to keep learning together over the coming weeks.
6. Victory Hill Church offered free coaching to any other pastor or church that needs help figuring out how to take their services online, and offered their wi-fi to students in the community who need to complete school work online but don’t have access to wi-fi at home. (They are taking all of the recommended measures to provide a safe environment inside, but also are allowing parents to park in the parking lot and let kids access the wi-fi without coming inside).
7. One church told us they are taking advantage of the time they now have to do their own “spring cleaning,” focusing on the things they can accomplish because they don’t have weekly services for a while.
8. A church has mobilized the kids ministry to ask children to send letters to grandmas and grandpas in nursing homes and assisted living centers, where visitors are currently prohibited.
9. A church is offering school breakfast and lunch to-go for the community’s children.
10. Life.Church has curated a host of resources for other churches to use for free to specifically address this crisis, from kids and student ministry, to live streaming to small group materials, to messages.
11. NewSpring Church is opening up their facilities at all campuses for a blood drive to support the hospital system.
We love hearing the ways you’re caring for your communities and for each other.
Send your stories our way on social media using #unstuckchurch or by emailing email@example.com.