What You Can Expect
During the planning process, we specifically focus on guiding you through these aspects of multisite strategy:
Confirming the discipleship path that you intend to replicate
Establishing a ministry model for each location
Determining the teaching model (video vs. live teachers)
Clarifying decision rights (campus vs. central)
Planning central support resources
Identifying future locations
Developing a launch plan for future campuses
Setting an optimal schedule for launching new campuses
Developing a candidate profile for the campus pastor role
Defining success for new campuses
Outlining initial staff and volunteer leadership teams
Establishing financial targets for new campuses
Building an action plan for next steps
Here’s how some of the churches we’ve served describe the experience.
The talks around communication, decision making and staff structure were so defining and helpful that we now know they may have saved our second location a painful experience or possibly even not making it. It’s going really well and our processes in these areas are actually working.
Our big question was how does multisite impact the staff and how we lead together, relate to each other, and make ministry decisions going forward. Our #1 win for the strategic planning process is that we were given the right tools, to make the right decisions, at the right times!
Our lack of a clearly defined system of operating for our campuses was causing frustration at both the central and campus level. Now people don’t just see a dream—they see a path to achieving those dreams with God’s help.
We’ve compiled some of our most popular articles and resources for multisite church leadership here.
You can also opt-in to our Multisite content subscription to get new resources delivered to your inbox 1x / month:
multisite leadership articles
- Multisite Models: Which Is Best?
- Live-Teaching in Multisite: How Community Christian Makes It Work
- Centralized vs. De-Centralized Multisite Models: Which is Best?
- Multisite Communication: The Best Practices For Your Church
- Does Multisite Feel More Like MultiStuck? These 5 Steps Will Help.
- Multisite Staffing: 3 Ways to Get Unstuck
- Multisite Leadership: Key Tools to Be a Great Leader with Paul Alexander
- How To Engage Kids In A Multisite Or Portable Church Venue
- Video vs. Live: Which Multisite Teaching Strategy Is Best For You?
- Staff Stress & Communication: One Multisite Church’s Story Of Simplifying For A Healthier Team (With Illustrations)
- How Multisite Can Wreck Your Church
- Rural Multisite Church: The Challenges & Advantages of Being One Church in Multiple Locations
multisite podcast episodes
One Team. Multiple Locations.
How Staff Teams at Effective Multisite Churches Overcome Distance and Lead Together