As I write this, I’m still on a bit of a high from our first in-person all-team gathering in two years. If you didn’t know, we’ve been a remote team from the very beginning (yep, before it was cool), but once a year, our whole team gathers in the same location to refocus on our mission and just have some fun together. This year, 24/25 members of our team (and about half of their spouses) flew to West Palm Beach, FL for several days and had the pleasure of being hosted by Todd and Julie Mullins and the team at Christ Fellowship. They were such gracious hosts for us during that experience, and it was so good to be together!
One of my favorite parts of that annual gathering is presenting a “year in review” to our team—giving special shoutouts and celebrating together the wins and new initiatives from the past 12 months. God has been so good to our team this year, and I wanted to share with you some of the wins we celebrated:
2021 Church Consulting
I remember a conversation with a friend in my basement 10 years ago, dreaming of how The Unstuck Group might someday serve 500 churches. Well, in August of this year, we hit church #500. That was an especially meaningful win for me.
Overall, our team of consultants engaged with 90 different churches and networks/denominations this year—with 60 of those being brand new churches! These engagements happened across 30 states (Idaho and North Dakota were new!) and 3 countries (US, Canada, and the UK). We were also able to serve 70 churches through our on-going implementation consulting relationships.
Unstuck Team Initiatives
In our Unstuck Process, we work with teams to identify their core initiatives for the next season of their ministry—and we do that as an Unstuck team, as well! It’s so rewarding to now look back and see how far we’ve come. In 2021, our team:
- Launched the Unstuck Teams Assessment, which focuses on the health and performance of staff teams, and created a full masterclass around that topic. We’ve also rolled this assessment into the Staffing & Structure engagement in our consulting process.
- Launched a brand new website – did you notice? 🙂 We’re now working on transitioning the old content from my “Tony Morgan Live” website (I started blogging back in 2005) over to this new site.
- Hosted consistent quarterly webinars (and hit over 10,000 total registrants for webinars!):
- Created three new masterclasses (available for replay through our Learning Hub):
- You Survived 2020; Now What?
- 4 Keys to Align Your Strategy and Your Team
- Healthy & High-Performing Teams
- Clarified our “culture-shaping behaviors.” Some teams have values, but we prefer to focus on behaviors, because we’ve learned that it’s actually how we act toward each other that shapes the culture of the organization.
- Re-launched our Instagram account and YouTube channel
I’m so grateful for all God did in and through us in 2021. Above everything else, I celebrate the salvations and life change that have happened in the last 12 months as a result of faithful church leaders who are on mission for the Gospel.
If your team hasn’t yet, I encourage you to walk through a similar exercise before you really dive into the new year. It’s important to look back and celebrate together as we gear up for this next season of ministry.
Now, what will 2022 bring?